Rockville German Band was founded in 2010 as an adjunct to the Rockville Concert Band. The 12-17 member band, in costume, performs hundreds of authentic German, Austrian and Swiss polkas, waltzes & marches. The band is composed of brass, woodwinds and a drum set. Proceeds from performances go to Rockville Concert Band treasury or to purchase new music and supplies.
Performing Season, Rehearsals
Tuesday evening rehearsals usually begin the third week in July. Performances generally are August through October.
- Tues., Aug. 6—Rockville, MD (private neighborhood event)
Sat., Oct. 5, 1:30 – 3 p.m.—Roctobierfest, Rockville, MD Town Center–public event–everyone come!
Fri., Oct. 18, 5:00 – 7 p.m.–The Village, 9701 Veirs Dr, Rockville (private)
- Sat., Oct. 12, @4-6 p.m.–Darnestown, Oktoberfest Party (private)
- Sat., Oct. 26, 6 – 8:30 p.m., Gaithersburg Oktoberfest Party (private)
- Additional schedule to come!
- Oktoberfest celebrations, public and private
- Rockville Farmers Markets
- Rockville Town Center & Dawson’s Market
- Public Parks—Neighborhood Night Out
- Senior Centers & Retirement Homes
“Would your Rockville German Band play again this year for our event? Everyone has loved your performances these past years! It has become such a nice part of the get-together.”
- Tues., Aug.7—Rockville, MD (private neighborhood event)
- Wed., Sept. 26—Wheaton, MD (private club event)
- Wed., Oct. 3—Rockville, MD (private senior center)
- Sat., Oct. 6—Rockville, MD Town Center (public event)
- Sat., Oct. 6—Darnestown (private event)
- Thurs., Oct. 18—Rockville, MD (private senior center)
- Sat., Oct. 27—Gaithersburg, MD (private event)
Contact for Booking/Information