Dear Patrons of Rockville German Band and Rockville Concert Band, We thank you for your continued support! We miss playing for you, and hope we’ll be back in action soon. In the meantime we are following the current health safeguards. While we cannot play as bands right now, we are keeping busy and growing musically. A few of us have been playing on our porches, and our neighbors seem to enjoy that. When we can safely perform, we will be publicizing our return. –The Members of the Rockville Concert Band, –The Members of the Rockville German Band, –Dr. Juan Gallastegui, Conductor
Rockville German Band was founded in 2010 as an adjunct to the Rockville Concert Band. The 12-20 member band, in costume, performs hundreds of authentic German, Austrian and Swiss polkas, waltzes & marches. The band is composed of brass, woodwinds and a drum set. Proceeds from performances go to Rockville Concert Band treasury or to purchase new music and supplies.
Official Oktoberfest 2020 in Germany is September 19 – October 4, but German folk music is great all year long!
Rockville German Band is proud of its parent, Rockville Concert Band! If you want to know why, check this out. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7EWPmQfbgw (Nov. 24, 2019 concert)
We’re still alive in 2020–a few of us got together Aug. 2, social distancing of course, to blow the cobwebs out of our horns! This doesn’t quite sound like our full band, but you get the idea.
2020 Schedule–Public Events in Bold–Check for updates
- (Tentative) Tues., Oct. 6—“Dress rehearsal” (Private)
- Sat. Oct. 10, 2-4 p.m.–The Village (Private)
- (Tentative) Sun., Nov. 22, 5-8 p.m.—Rockville Elks Lodge, benefit for Wounded Veterans, 5 Taft Court, Rockville
Take A Peek–October 4, 2019, at Rockville Senior Center!
All photos this gallery by Harvey Levine
2019 Schedule–Public Events in Bold
- Tues., Aug. 6—Rockville, MD (private neighborhood event)
- Sat., Sept. 21–Rockville United Church
- Sun., Sept. 22–Rockville Elks Lodge, benefit for Veterans Activities, 5 Taft Court, Rockville, MD, 5-8 p.m.–public event–everyone come! Small cover charge
- Sun., Sept. 29, 4 – 7 p.m.–Vanish Brewery, 42264 Leelynn Farms Ln/Black Hops Ln, Leesburg, VA 20176-5498
- Fri., Oct. 4–Rockville Senior Center, 5-7 p.m.–public community event, food, beer, raffle; register at www.rockvillemd.gov/registration
Sat., Oct. 5, 1:30 – 3 p.m.—Rocktobierfest, Rockville, MD (near Regal Cinema)–free public event–everyone come!
- Sat., Oct. 12, 5 – 7 p.m.–Darnestown, Oktoberfest Party (private)
Fri., Oct. 18, 5 – 7 p.m.–The Village, 9701 Veirs Dr, Rockville (private)
- Sat., Oct. 26, 6 – 8:30 p.m., Gaithersburg Oktoberfest Party (private)
(Rocktobierfest Oct. 5, 2019) Rockville German Band–1:30 – 3 p.m.–we are on the stage across from Regal Cinema.
- Oktoberfest celebrations, public and private
- Rockville Farmers Markets
- Rockville Town Center & Dawson’s Market
- Fundraiser events
- Public Parks—Neighborhood Night Out
- Senior Centers & Retirement Homes
Congratulations on another outstanding season!  It is a huge positive reflection on the Rockville Bands programs. –John Saint Amour, Music Director, Rockville Concert Band
“Our first Oktoberfest . . . with music (German flair), food and drink, décor . . . turned out to be a smashing success! . . . The packed house had a super fun time! The wonderful live band brought the spirit of Oktoberfest to the event and the “chicken dance” filled the dance floor . . . a family-friendly event. The crowd was festive and the band was awesome.”
“Would your Rockville German Band play again this year for our event? Everyone has loved your performances these past years! It has become such a nice part of the get-together.”
Contact for Booking/Information, Brief Reviews